Saturday, April 26, 2014

Our week...

Liam has been pretty good all week... 

Tuesday we had a nice stretching ride.  He is really learning how to hack nicely.  He will now stretch and engage his back.  Worked on bending and just coming forward nicely.  It was really a great hack.

Wednesday I had a great flat school in preparation for the jump school that was planned for Thursday.  I probably got the best lateral work out of Liam to date.  We did spiral in/out circles, figure eights with leg yielding into the new direction, and shoulder-ins all at the trot.  We worked on collection and extension at the trot.  Then, worked on transitions.  Trot to halt is getting better, still no where near perfect, but better.  Canter/trot transition are dynamite.  Rode Liam for about 40 minutes and called it quits.  Cleaned all my tack and packed the trailer for the jump school on Thursday.

At work Thursday, crap hit the fan, and I ended up not making it for a jump school.  Grrrr... I was very disappointed, but I need my job to do all these horsey things.  I didn't even get out to the barn Thursday.  By the time I left work I was so fried that I couldn't even think.  I went home indulged myself on carbs, carbs always make me happy!!!

Friday, it was so beautiful out, I ditched date night with the hubby for Liam time.  I justified this to myself since I missed seeing Liam on Thursday...right?  Tacked Liam up and was heading out to the ring and the hay field was calling my name.  Liam and I both looked at the ring then back at the big open hay field and we kept walking right past the ring to the hay field.  We walked the entire hay field twice.  It was a lovely 35 minute walk.

Don't mind the mane, we are a jumper and go soooo fast nobody notices the mohawk!!!


I never even picked up the reins or touched his mouth.  Liam took a few big deep breaths and walked alert, but very relaxed.  I guess we both needed this non-working mentally relaxing ride...

Not able to ride Saturday, I have to work, then heading with some friends to a supercross race later that night.  Sunday I want to squeeze in a ride, going to support the hubby's hobby during the day and celebrating my mom's birthday for a BBQ at night...  So not sure where I am going to fit in that ride...  But I have good intentions...

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to get out of the arena sometimes. Love the mohawk pic :) Glad you had good rides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work always gets in the way of riding >:[

    ReplyDelete