Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Blog Hop: What are you buying next?

 

Thanks to L @ Viva Carlos for starting another great blog hop.  I didn't get to participate in the last one because, well, I just never got organized enough, but figured I would jump in on this one.

What am I buying next?

First on the list is a new show coat.  I went to the tack store yesterday to try on a bunch of coats and have decided on the Grand Prix Techlite Quinn Show Coat at a whooping $349.00.  I just don't spend that kind of money lightly and just couldn't pull the trigger and buy it yesterday.  It fit me well and it is very comfortable.  I decided to go with a more classic looking coat then I originally wanted.  It is really a beautiful coat.

 
Sorry for the bad pic, but the coat actually on me!

Second thing is a new show shirt.  I want the Essex Talent Yarn Competition Shirt.  Tried it on yesterday and it fits perfect (pictured on me above under jacket).  Again, just couldn't pull the trigger yesterday...



Third on the list is a new half pad.  My mattes pad is just falling apart.  It is over 9 years old.  I keep checking out the Ogilvy jumper foam half pad online, but I really want to see/feel it in person before I just order one.  As soon as I do I will either order the Ogilvy pad or another mattes.

Fourth on my list is the SunShield Longsleeve Shirt by Smartpak.  This isn't really a must, but I want a nice looking long sleeve shirt to wear in the non-formal jumper classes at schooling shows and a friend has this shirt (she actually wears it under her show coats) and it just looks sharp.



Since I was at the tack store just yesterday I picked up all the small items I needed like cookies, fly spray, new gloves, and keratex hoof hardener.  So I am all good on that front... 

So there you have it.  The items that will all be purchased probably in the next month or so in preparation for this show season!!! My credit card is shaking in my wallet...

6 comments:

  1. Love the coat! Although I can never wrap my mind around why these coats and shirts are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo yes I want new show shirts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one of those Smartpack sun shirts too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend rides in hers all the time, shows and home schooling. She loves them!

      Delete
  4. I love the show coat! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete