Wednesday, April 9, 2014

NQR Maybe?

Of course, the day I post my horse show schedule Liam doesn't feel right to me.  I elected to ride outside even though the ring was a little sloppy.  I just can't bear riding in the indoor another moment.  We had rain that started Monday afternoon and rained throughout the night into Tuesday early morning.  I avoided the really sloppy sections in the ring, but some just couldn't be avoided.

The weather was warm, upper 50s, but very windy yesterday.  I was expecting Liam to be a little up, but he was actually quiet.  Left he felt ok, just a little stuck, right he just didn't feel right and very stuck.  I couldn't pin point a lameness.  I started asking him to move off each of my legs at the walk and trot, and the trot felt a little better.  Cantered a little to the right and the trot felt even better after that.  Cantered left and called it quits.

Maybe he just didn't feel comfortable in the sloppy footing??? I am hoping that is what it was...  He was laying down in the field sunning himself when I arrived yesterday fast asleep, maybe he is just tired...  Seemed fine in the barn and perky too...

Farrier was out to shoe Liam and said his feet look great and don't seem sore at all.  I tried to get a picture of Liam's feet, but he kept trying to cuddle with me and it was so cute that I couldn't resist leaving his head.  This is the best picture I could get yesterday while he was being shod.

 
His left foot looks great and I can't believe how much his right foot has come around.  When I first got him his right foot inside heel was very under run, but outside heel grows out and makes his foot very crooked.  It has taken 3 years, but we finally have a straight hoof!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hopefully it was just the footing!

    I love farrier holding-cuddling time. Mine does it too!

    ReplyDelete