Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Blog Hop: Immediate Inspiration


 


Why do you train with your trainer?

I met my current trainer through her younger sister over 18 years ago.  My trainer's younger sister and I rode together as kids at the same barn and we are good friends to this day.  My trainer was actually riding at the barn with us as an independent amateur at the time.  I always looked up to her as a kid.

A few years later when my trainer became a professional I started riding with her full time.  She really took my riding to the next level.  I have been riding with her off and on for over 10 years with three different horses.   We have really become great friends through the years.  We just click together and are always on the same page.

Right now she is helping me with jump schools.  With her help, Liam and I have really improved over the last 6 months and are getting our confidence together.

She is an incredible horse person too.  She treats every horse like an individual and can see the good in every horse.  Also, she is a great rider!!!

Here is my trainer and her Oldenburg mare that is retired now being a broodmare.  She showed her up through the local grandprix level (1.40m):

Here is my trainer on a client's thoroughbred gelding:
 
Here she is on her thoroughbred gelding at his second horse show ever, he was six here I think.  This is the horse that actually got me back into riding after taking a few years off.  I was helping my trainer start him from the track.  He is a ton of fun to ride and what and athlete!

I hope it is ok that I posted these pictures, I stole them all off her website :)!

2 comments: