Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Morning Trail Ride


(I forgot my phone and couldn't take any photos, but I grabbed these off the internet.) 

 


 
A friend and I trailered over to Christie Hoffman Farm yesterday morning for a trail ride.  I am completely spoiled for boarding less than 5 miles from this beautiful park.  Christie Hoffman Farm is a public park for hiking and horseback riding and it has over 170 acres to ride on of hilly groomed trails.
 
 
The park has a ton of jumps including logs, coops, tables, ditches, and even a water complex.  It really is perfect for an eventer to come and practice!!!


Since it was our first time out this year, my friend and I decided to just walk all the trails.  I really underestimated how much walking up and down hills is a work out for the horses.  Liam was exhausted!  We rode for about 1 1/2 hours just walking.  Liam started out a little nervous, but by the end we were walking on a long rein and he was very relaxed.

I can't wait to go back! 

1 comment:

  1. That place looks beautiful! Wow and so close to you. Color me jealous!

    ReplyDelete