Friday, March 28, 2014

Outdoor Riding!!! FINALLY!!! Other Critter is ill!!!


Liam had his spring vaccines last Friday, so I decided to give him Friday and Saturday off. He gets really sore after shots and I had some personal errands to run anyway.

Went to the barn on Sunday and was greeted by an outdoor ring that was rideable!!! I did the happy dance all the way back to the barn to pulled out my stuff and headed to the field to grab Liam. I was expecting him to be wild. He was perfect. I hacked him around Sunday with some bending circles to just get the body moving with a big smile on my face as I was riding OUTSIDE!

Headed out to the barn on Monday and was able to ride outside again, I can get used to this!! Worked a little harder and asked him to do mini lateral work with spiraling circles and leg yields. I worked on trot/canter transitions too.. Liam was very good, I can get used to this too.

I wasn't able to ride Tuesday and Wednesday, that good old work got in the way (darn it, I actually have to pay grown up bills) and my poor other critter (dog) was sick and had to go to the vet on an emergency visit. My dog, Diesel, an eight year old jack russell terror (punt intended on the misspelling), was diagnose with Lyme Disease last Tuesday. 

Meet Diesel:

Not the best picture, but I think he is awfully cute!


Diesel went from running around outside all weekend, we live on 4 acres, to barely being able to lift his head on Tuesday morning let alone being able to walk.  It was heart breaking.  I said to my husband for a while now that I think Diesel has lyme disease.  He would go on and off lame for about 6 months.  Well, wouldn't you know it, I was right.  I am going to bring this up everytime from now on when arguing with my husband about something, "remember that time I was right about Diesel having lymes!"  Man do I love being right!!!

Diesel is on the mend now and doing much better!

Headed out to the barn yesterday and was greeted by a new cut by Liam's eye and a fat lip. 




Just great, can one critter get hurt without the other one getting hurt too???  I guess not.  I decided Liam's fat lip didn't bother him too much and had a lovely hack anyway.

Going to head back this weekend down the moutain for another jump school!!!  Shows are approching fast, now only if the weather would warm up!!!



1 comment: