Thursday, March 13, 2014

Blog Hop: What's In Your Name?



I am very excited to be apart of my first Blog Hop started by Viva Carlos (I hope I linked correctly, thanks Viva Carlos for sending me that video, very helpful).

Why did a name my blog DIY Rider?  Since I am brand new to blogging and just started this blog last week naming my blog is fresh in my mind.  I honestly didn't know what to name my blog.  I have always kept a "horse" journal, as I called it, and jotted down exercises that I worked on that day, injuries, feeding adjustments I made, supplement adjustments, and basically everything that had to do with my everyday riding and horse care.  I decided it might be fun to go public with it.  Only now I have to actually form complete sentences and check my grammar...

This year is hopefully going to be a special year in my riding with Liam and I wanted to share it.  I have parted ways with the traditional hunter/jumper training program, and I am mostly going to be DIY'ing it this year with training and horse showing. Hence the name DIY rider.  I do have a good friend that I have been riding with for 16 years (wow, I never actually counted the years I have known her) that is going to help me along the way this year, but basically I will be on my own being a DIY Rider.


3 comments:

  1. I am currently a DIY rider as well! Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am looking forward to an exciting and adventurous year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pfft grammar and spelling are overrated.

    ReplyDelete