Thursday, March 13, 2014

DIY Horse Blanket Repair


I arrived at the barn yesterday and discovered that Liam had a small tear in his blanket liner. 


I know that if you don’t fix this hole fast it will get bigger and the other horses will pull the fill out and play with it like confetti, unfortunately I know this from experience. I quickly wiped out the old handy sewing kit. 



My sewing kit includes a heavy duty needle (my needle says it is for leather but I find it works great on blankets), heavy duty sewing thread, and basic scissors.  This completes my sewing kit, if any other tool is needed the project is over my head.  Have to know my limitations.

I sewed up the tear and Liam’s blanket is back in good working shape.




Liam was good riding wise yesterday.  Did some shoulder-ins on a circle.  I need to work on lateral work more.  He will fling his head and grind his teeth and basically throw a tantrum when first asked for lateral work, I feel like he is whining “I don’t wanna,” but eventually he gives in.  Consistency is key with this horse.  Liam will have the day off today, as the temps went to brutally cold again today.  I will ride Friday and Saturday to prepare for my, dare I say, jump school on Sunday!!!  Hoping my husband will come in order to get video, but I am not making any promises…

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who sewed blankets! good job in your repair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for fixing your blanket, I am bad at that.. normally I retire them haha!

    ReplyDelete