Thursday, May 15, 2014

Saturday's Trial Ride Fun!

Last Saturday (5/10/11), I decided to skip out on the gym and instead go on a fun trail ride with my friend and her pony again.

We trailered over to Christie Hoffman Park again, this time with my friend's truck and trailer.  I was a little nervous about trailering with my truck being that the last time I did it was disastrous, read this. My hubby decided to take the truck over to the shop and have it fully checked out.

I was a little nervous about Liam loading on my friend's trailer.  The last time I tried to put him on a different trailer he was a little naughty about it.  He is such a routine horse...  I pointed him at the trailer and to my surprise he walked right on, no issue. 

We got to the park and quickly got on.  Liam was very relaxed right off the bat.

Floppy ears!

 
 

 We led a little bit.


We followed for a bit.


We even went through the water complex again.


I really love this park.  We mostly walked.  Every time we tried to trot the my friend's pony would start coughing.  My friend thinks the pony has allergies and is going to start her on an anti-histamine.  Apparently the pony had this last year in the spring too.  We did get to jump a log though...  Liam was perfect.

When we got back to the barn I gave Liam a bath and he proceeded to do this when I turned him back out. 


He didn't even wait for me to walk away...

















1 comment:

  1. Ahh yes, rolling after a bath....their way of getting back at us!

    ReplyDelete