Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Birthday Fun

Yesterday was my 29th birthday.  My last year of youth according to my boss, lol!

I had a wonderful birthday this year.  My husband got me a very generous gift certificate to Dover Saddlery.  I am lucky enough that a Dover Saddlery store is about 20 minutes from my home.  So, of course, I run right over there to spend my birthday money.

The loot

I desperately needed a new helmet.  My old helmet is about 5 years old and all the cleaning in the world will not get it clean.  When I would sweat dirt drips would run down the sides of my face, how embarrassing.  I am going to keep the new helmet in my trailer and only use it for lessons and shows to keep it nice.  The charles owen helmet came with a nice bag.  I am not sure what I am going to use  the bag for, but I am sure it will come in handy.  I don't think I will keep my helmet in the bag as I like my helmet to air out after use.  Do you all keep your helmets in helmet bags and do the dry after you use them?  I am a big sweater.

I also purchased Liam a stay on the horse trailer girth too.  My plan is to only use this girth for shows and lessons as well.  My other girths are well, used, is the nicest way to put it, but they still work so I can't part with them. 

I have a little money left over, how did that happen...?  I am probably going to go back and buy a sun protecting shirt or something clothing wise to wear schooling at the princeton horse show this summer.  Or maybe another pair of schooling breeches.  I haven't decided yet...

A bonus on my birthday was that I did get to enjoy a nice trail ride on Liam yesterday after a flat in the ring. 


Tonight I am heading down the mountain for Liam to get a pro-ride.  I am going to have my friend, that is the pro, show him in some bigger classes this summer at the Princeton horse show, so I figured I should let her ride/jump him at least once before then.  Haha.  She is a wonderful rider and I know she won't have a problem.  I am hoping to get some video, since I will be on the ground.




1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday!! Sounds like lots of new fun horse stuff! I'm on the prowl for a helmet too, and cannot decide. You'll have to post how you like your CO.

    ReplyDelete