Thursday, May 15, 2014

Blog Hop: Continuation School



Thanks Viva Carlos for starting another blog hop and giving me some inspiration on posting!!!

Why do I continue riding?

I actually stopped riding for almost two years before I purchased Liam.  At first, I was okay with not riding.  I really needed a break to get my life in order.  After about a year I missed it.  I had all this extra free time that I didn't know what to do with...!

I started occasionally riding a friend's OTTB and really realized I missed horses.  But, what I realized, it wasn't only riding that I missed, I missed horse ownership too.  While it was fun riding a friend's horse and having no responsibility, the control freak in me couldn't stand it either.  I needed complete control of the horse's care.  I missed the bond that an owner and their horse has.  I like to be very hands on with my horse's care and making decisions on what to do. 

So I jumped back in, after discussing it with my husband, and purchased Liam.  Horses just complete my life and learned that I can't live without them...

2 comments:

  1. I took the break to get my life in order too! And I'm glad I did because now I realized how much I wanted to ride.

    ReplyDelete