Monday, May 5, 2014

Partial last week recap

Life never goes as planned...

Rode Liam Monday and Tuesday and had great rides.  Wednesday it was raining like crazy and when I arrived at the barn the indoor was starting to flood.  The drainage that goes along the side of the ring was clogged. 

I sent this picture to my friend:



Caption said: Not able to ride today, won't make jump school tomorrow. Can I come Friday?

I was really bummed, but I new the weather was going to be better on Friday anyway and figured it was a win win situation.

Had an epic flat school on Liam on Thursday.  He was the best he has been in a while or ever.  We were really in tune with each other.

Called my husband on my way home from the barn and he said that Diesel (my jack russell terrior) needs to go to the emergency vet when I get home.  I new it was bad, my husband is not one to say the dog NEEDS to go to the vet.  He said that he couldn't walk and every time he went to touch him he yelped in pain.  This is the 3rd episode that this has happened to my poor dog.  The last two times the vet diagnosed him with Lyme Disease.  Both times we treated him with antibiotics and after a few days he was better.  He literally just finished his last treatment 3 weeks ago.  I raced home as fast as I could.  We got to the emergency vet and they quickly examined Diesel.  Now the entire diagnoses changed to intervertebral disc disease (slipped disc).  My regular vet did mention this last time when we treated him for lymes.  Finally left the emergency vet's office with a bunch of heavy duty medication, strict bed rest for Diesel, and a referral for a neurology consult.  UGH, animals!!!

I probably got about an hour of sleep Thursday night.  Every time Diesel would move he would yelp.  I kept waking up that night to check on him.  I was very worried about him.

Finally fell asleep at probably 4am and the alarm went off at 6am.  Friday was such a blur.  I was an emotional mess, and probably more emotional then normal because I was so tired.

Called my friend and we both decided it was probably best for me not to have a jump school that night as I wouldn't ride well because I was very tired.  I just went straight home from work and slept on the couch with Diesel curled up next to me following doctors orders of strict bed rest!!!!  



A friend rode Liam for me on Saturday as I had a ton going on that day.

Sunday I took Liam on the Essex Hounds Hunter Pace.  Stay tuned for a full recap on the hunter pace...

No comments:

Post a Comment