Friday, September 12, 2014

Wasn't meant to be


Getting our itchy butt scratched and making itchy butt scratch faces...

Last Sunday I had a hunter pace planned at Lord Sterling Stables.  Lord Sterling is a county run stable and they usually host a great event.  The footing on the trails are always fabulous and the jumps are very inviting.  This would be the first hunter pace at Lord Sterling for Liam and I together.  I was always nervous about taking Liam to this pace because the start can get a bit crazy with people galloping through the field and there is often times two way traffic on the trails.  My friend and I decided that we would go early and be the first or second group out to reduce the starting nightmare.

Three days before the event I saw a post that due to unforeseen circumstances the hunter pace was cancelled.  Bummer... My friend and I talked and decided that we would go to the sanctuary instead.

I got up early Sunday morning and got dressed.  I was in the truck by 8:30am to drive out to the barn.  Turned the key to start the truck and got this really strange sound.  It was like the truck was trying to start, but would struggle.  Oh no, dead batteries.  Ran inside to get my hubby and he in fact confirmed that the batteries were dead.  Sent a quick text to my friend that the truck batteries were dead and that I am running to the auto store to see if they have any new batteries in stock.  You might be wondering why I keep saying batteries, as in plural.  Well, that is correct, the truck has 2 batteries and needs both of them to run. 

I went to 2 auto stores and it was just my luck that the batteries were not in stock, they had to be ordered.  At this point, my husband said he would make a call to a friend to barrow his truck, but I just said trail riding today was just not meant to be.

strupid broken truck


I got the batteries yesterday for a high price tag of $300 dollars.  Man those suckers are expensive and good bye new pair of breeches.  Gotta love diesel trucks and how expensive their parts are... 


7 comments:

  1. Car problems are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah I'm sorry you didn't get to ride at the sanctuary. :( But I truly believe that when stuff like this happens, it's for a reason, often to keep us safe. It sucks that it was so expensive to get those batteries, but at least it was something that was easily fixable. Kind of like an abscess in a horse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just had to replace the batteries in ours a while back. The price really is ridiculous! Sorry your plans got messed up :/

    ReplyDelete