Thursday, September 18, 2014

Critters in all Shapes and Sizes


Meet Anne, aka: 4 paws with claws!  Saiph posted this adorable story about how she adopted Zombie, her new tripod kitty, and this gave me the idea of posting about how I adopted Anne, my very own little kitty.  To be honest, I am NOT a cat person.  Luckily Anne doesn't have any traits that a normal cat has. 

Lets start from the beginning.  Back when my life was a mess, with no direction, I was working as a groom in a horse barn to make some cash money.  One day Anne, no name at the time, strutted her way down the aisle for the very first time and into my life.  We instantly bonded.  The barn owner never saw her before, but she became a staple in everyday life very quickly.  Every morning she would help me feed all the horses by following me from stall to stall.  She would sit on the ledge outside of the stall doors while I cleaned stalls.   Literally, she followed me everywhere.  The barn owner's kids named her Anne.

Anne did have a litter of kittens while she lived at the barn. 

 



I only have pictures of 2 of the 4 kittens, and the pictures were not taken when they were kittens (friends adopted these 2 cuties and I stole photos off their facebook, hehe).  The other 2 remaining kittens still live at the barn where I found Anne.  Soon after her litter, Anne was spayed to prevent that from happening again...

One day I was dropping hay out of the hay loft and there she was following me around like always.  I noticed her under the hay loft door just as I was letting go of the hay bale and splat.  The hay bale landed right on her.  I don't even know how I made it down the hay loft ladder as fast as I did, but I was by her side in no time.  She was hurt.  I scooped her up threw her in my car and off we went to the ER vet hospital. 

Without pulling out the hospital report to use medical terms, she basically broke her entire face.  She needed her nose reconstructed, to be able to breath (she still snores badly to this day).  Her jaw reconstructed to be able to eat.  And she broke whatever the bone is called under her left eye (cheek bone?).  Basically her entire face was smooshed in. She had many x-rays and even a kitty "cat" scan, lol...  We were thankful that it was only her face and not her neck.  Her scull looked to be fine as well.  I was worried about head injury, concussion, which she had, but the hospital took really great care of her.

After her surgeries, which I paid for, I brought her home to my house to recuperate figuring the barn isn't the best place for her to be and basically, she never left.  She has been with me and my husband for 5 years now and we couldn't imagine our life without her.


 
Diesel (my jack russell) and her became instant friends.  They both love sleeping in their beds next to each other.

 
Anne is very bonded with my husband and he can't sit on the couch without her on his lap.


She gets very jealous if Diesel tries to sit on my husbands lap and pushes her way in.


There is a water bowl stare down every night...  Hilarious, I have video on my old phone that I will have to dig up.


She also loves to play hide and seek on us...

Anne is a true character and we love her dearly!!!


2 comments:

  1. What a great story!! She is a lucky kitty to not only have survived that hay bale but to have ended up with the person that she chose: you. :) I "awww"d out loud at the photo of her and Diesel sleeping in their beds! Love her little half white, half tabby face!
    The cats that the Universe gives us are the best ones. I'm glad you two found one another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! What a great story!

    ReplyDelete