Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Park Days

Last Friday, after my adventurous Thursday, I had off of work to head out camping with the hubs.  Hubs ended up having to go into work Friday morning and we couldn't leave as early as we were hoping.  This left me just enough time to squeeze in a ride over at the park.  I sent a text to my friend to see if she was in with her pony.  I told her I was short on time and needed to be heading home no later then 12noon.

I arrived at the barn at 8am sharp and hooked up the trailer.  I had to do some maintenance on the trailer because the last time I used the trailer the cable snapped on the hay bag and cut Liam's face.  Luckily I board at a hay farmers and there are plenty of baling twine hanging around.  According to the hubs, baling twine and duct tape fixes everything.  I used the baling twine to reattach the hay bag.  I thought I had a picture, but I guess my phone ate it...

I helped my friend finish up her morning chores and off we went to the park.  We arrived and were on the horses by 9am.  Liam was very quiet.  We walked for awhile and Liam just couldn't be bothered to lead or care how far ahead the pony got.  This was really different for him...


Can you see the pony way up ahead.  We trotted a bunch on this trip to the park.  We trotted every uphill that was offered and trotted some of them several times.  The pony who is typically calm, cool, and collected really was up on this ride and Liam was the calm, cool, and collected one.  Weird?  At one point, the pony broke into a canter up a hill and I heard my friend yell back "are you okay?".  Liam was perfect.  All he did was shake his head once and transitioned up to a nice floaty canter.  I yelled back "I'm okay, keep going".  The pony picked up speed and Liam just put his head down and lenghtened his canter.  I got in my half seat and it was just lovely cantering behind the pony.  Liam never got upset about anything and just happily followed.  

I even jumped a few cross county jumps!  It was a fun morning with Liam and I am secretly glad my hubs had a morning meeting and I was able to go, even though he wasn't pleased!  




No comments:

Post a Comment