Monday, August 25, 2014

Nothing Interesting to Report....

I was able to make arrangements this past weekend to get off the property, but ended up having to cancel in the end.  Work was crazy last week and I was only able to make it out to the barn on Tuesday during the week.  Headed up to the barn Saturday morning.  Liam was very wide eyed.  I decided to put him on the lunge before I hopped on and I am very glad I did.  He was wild. 

I let him slid on this though, he was only ridden twice during the week (once by me on Tuesday and once by my friend on Wednesday) and the weather dropped about 20 degrees.  As soon as I got on I felt rain drops.  By the time I walked around the ring once the skys opened up.  Our ride ended very quickly.

Liam has a bit of rain rot, darn sensitive skinned chestnut...  I was going to give him a bath to treat it, but in the end I decided not to.  I was actually really cold at the barn Saturday morning and we only have cold water.  I treated it the best I could with vetericyn.  Who knows if this stuff actually works, but I was given a bottle, so I decided I should use it. 

 
I can't believe this is the last week of summer.  I consider after labor day fall.  I am not looking forward to the picture below anytime soon...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment