Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hay Field Rides

Liam and I enjoyed another fun ride in the hay field last night.  He only had 2 episodes of leaps and hops.  I never even came close to being unseated with his sillyness.  We started out by walking the entire field around, then trotting each direction 1 time around with a short canter at the end.  I called it quits after that because on Tuesdays I do not have a ton of time if I want to try to make it to the gym after a ride.  I rode for approximately 40 minutes.

Here is a picture of the field I ride around:


It is a little over 1 mile each time around.  I want to get Liam off the property this weekend, but timing is just not working out for me.  I thought I would have a short day on Friday at work, but that just isn't the case anymore.  My friend that can go with me is off from work on Fridays, but since she works at the barn in the morning she doesn't know if she wants to wait around all day to head over to the park late afternoon.  Which I totally get...  I am not sure if I feel confident enough to trailer over to the park by myself... Hopefully I can figure something out.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you posted this! I need a map to know where to go! I want to ride around this to give Kieko a break from ring work and jumping! He had a stiff neck from his fall shots. I think this would be perfect for him!

    ReplyDelete